Each year WKU Athletics receives thousands of requests to support worthwhile charitable causes. While we make every effort to accommodate as many of those requests as possible, we are simply unavailable to fulfill them all based on the volume we receive.
Due to the high volume of requests we receive each year along with NCAA rules and regulations (specifically NCAA Bylaws 13.15 seq. and 13.2 seq.), we are required to gather very specific information regarding your request. Please click the appropriate link below and complete the application in its entirety. Incomplete requests will not be able to be fulfilled. In order for your organization to be considered for a donation item, you must comply with these guidelines. See below for these specific bylaws.
[NCAA Bylaws 13.15 (Pre-College Expenses) and 13.2 (Offers and Inducements) prohibit an institution from providing funding (directly or indirectly) to benefit a prospective student-athlete (any student who has started the ninth grade for all sports except for Men's basketball which defines a prospective student-athlete as a student who has started grade seven.) This includes a prohibition an donating items (e.g., jerseys, balls, tickets, etc..) to a prospective student-athlete, a high school, preparatory school, junior college, any group consisting of prospective student-athletes, or any organization who plans to auction the memorabilia to raise funds for the previously listed individuals and groups (subject to certain exceptions).]
General Policies- We appreciate your support with our new procedures and policies
1. Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing.
2. Requestors can only make one donation and or autograph request per academic year.
3. Requestor must provide the item to be autographed (after approval from WKU Compliance Office).
4. A single student athlete is not permitted to sign requested items-the items must be signed by multiple student-athletes.
5. Items should not be sent until approval has been given.
6. The WKU Athletic Department cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen items.
7. We do not duplicate requests for the same event. (ex. If more than one person requests a donation for the same fundraiser, we can only give once). Exceptions may apply.
8. Pursuant to NCAA regulations, items will not be donated to any entity that benefits a high school aged student prospective student athlete, or any group that may contain high-school aged students. Also, if the donation request involves Men's Basketball and student has begun the seventh grade we will be unable to donate.
9. WKU Athletics will not donate to other colleges or universities.
10. Please note we are no longer accepting faxed or written request for donations.
11. If requesting a Men's Basketball donation, please note that additional restrictions may apply. When concerning individuals associated with Men's Basketball, prospective student-athletes and non-scholastic Men's Basketball teams. (eg, AAU teams)
12. Please keep in mind that submitting an online request does not guarantee your organization will receive a donation.
IF YOU FEEL THAT YOUR ORGANIZATION IS ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE A DONATION: SCROLL DOWN AND COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW: