WKU Athletic Marketing was recognized during the 2011 Bowling Green Professional Marketing Association (PMA) Markie Awards for outstanding work in the field of marketing and communications.
The winners were named at the 11th Annual PMA Markie Awards Banquet at the Holiday Inn University Plaza Hotel on Tuesday. This year’s event included 89 entries submitted in 14 different categories including best brochure, best radio advertisement, best specialty item, and best marketing campaign, just to name a few.
Western Kentucky University's Athletic Marketing Department won awards in the following categories:
• Honorable Mention Marketing Campaign – WKU vs. UK Football Game (Gerald Printing)
• Honorable Mention Outdoor/Out of Home – WKU Football Season Ticket Billboard (Gerald Printing)
• Best Website – www.wkuchampionshipeffort.com (HitCents)
• Best Hodge Podge – 2011 WKU Football Intro Video (Row 27)
• Best TV Advertisement or PSA – WKU Volleyball TV Spot (WBKO-TV)
• Best Radio Advertisement or PSA – WKU vs. UK Radio Spot (Tony Rose – Commonwealth Radio)
The PMA is an organization that provides networking, professional development, peer recognition and community involvement for marketing professionals in the Bowling Green-Warren County area.
The purpose of the Professional Marketing Association of Bowling Green and Warren County is to offer an atmosphere for marketing professionals to meet on a regular basis for networking, professional development, peer recognition, and community involvement.