The Carol and Denny Wedge Student Athlete Success Center opened in January of 2009. SASC is a 10,000 square foot academic complex located in Houchens Smith Stadium (east side) and houses the academic advising staff, a computer laboratory and a large study area designated solely for use by student-athletes. The Student Athlete Success Center is also equipped with conference rooms, and several private study rooms for WKU student-athletes to meet with athletic tutors on a one-to-one basis or work on class projects.
The mission of the Student Athlete Success Center is to help student-athletes have the most positive educational and personal experience possible at WKU. The SASC advisement staff has over 50 years of combined experience. We strive to be the resource hub for WKU student-athletes to obtain success academically and in life after sports.
Goals of the Academic Program for student-athletes:
- To ensure compliance with WKU and NCAA academic requirements.
- To provide academic support services, which will assist student-athletes in achieving academic success
(i.e. tutorial assistance and proper course selection).
- To offer educational workshops focusing on career and personal development.
- To assist student-athletes in determining career goals and interests.
- To exceed general student population semester and cumulative grade point average.
- To exceed general student population graduation rate.
- To achieve a minimum Academic Progress Rate (APR) of 925 for all sports.
SASC hours of operation (Fall and Spring)
SASC hours of operation (Summer)
Monday - Thursday 8:00am-10:00pm
Monday - Thursday 7:30am-5:00pm
Mail Student Athlete Success Center
Western Kentucky University
Smith Stadium (East) #1101
1906 Avenue of Champions #11090
Bowling Green, KY 42101-1090