June 28, 2002
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. - Ten stops throughout Kentucky highlight the 2002 Western Kentucky University "Toppers on Tour" schedule announced by the Hilltopper Athletic Foundation Friday.
The tour begins Wednesday, July 24, at Freeman Lake Park in Elizabethtown at 5 p.m. (CST) and will conclude in Owensboro on Friday, Aug. 23 at 6 p.m. at Fridays After Five.
WKU Director of Athletics Dr. Wood Selig, "Voice of the Hilltoppers" Mike Legg, Topper head coaches Mary Taylor Cowles (women's basketball), Dennis Felton (men's basketball), Jack Harbaugh (football) and Joel Murrie (baseball), and various student-athletes will be available at selected stops.
Other features of the events include autograph sessions, the opportunity to meet Big Red as well as chances to win game tickets and WKU memorabilia.
The complete "Toppers on Tour" schedule follows:
* Elizabethtown (July 24, 5 p.m., Freeman Lake Park)
* Paducah (Aug. 1, 6:30 p.m, Whaler's Catch)
* Hopkinsville (Aug. 2, noon, Holiday Inn)
* Muhlenberg County (Aug. 2, 7 p.m., Muhlenberg North High Commons Area)
* Louisville (Aug. 5, 5:30 p.m., Indian Springs Golf Club, follows annual Lee Robertson Golf Scramble)
* Glasgow (Aug. 19, 6:30 p.m., Tumbleweed Southwest Grill)
* Russellville (Aug. 20, 6:30 p.m., Roy's Bar-B-Que)
* Franklin (Aug. 22, noon, Sly Fox Restaurant at Kentucky Downs)
* Nashville (Aug. 22, 7 p.m., WKU Night the Nashville Sounds) - This event also has a 6 p.m. picnic that requires an RSVP with the Alumni Association at 1-888-WKU-ALUM. * Owensboro (Aug. 23, 6 p.m., Fridays at Five)
For more information on the "Toppers on Tour", contact the WKU Alumni Association at 888-WKU-ALUM.