BOWLING GREEN, Ky.-After concluding its four-game road trip with wins at North Texas and Louisiana-Monroe last weekend, the 20th-ranked Western Kentucky University volleyball team (20-3, 6-0 SBC) returns home to face Florida International (5-13, 2-4 SBC) on Friday, October 12 at 6 p.m. as a part of Hilltopper Hysteria before taking on Florida Atlantic (6-11, 1-5 SBC) on Saturday, October 13 at 2 p.m.
The Lady Toppers carry a 12-game winning streak into the weekend, as the team holds a perfect Sun Belt Conference record. During its league schedule, WKU has not lost a set to tie the program's longest streak of consecutive conference sweeps at six matches.
- Florida International vs. No. 20 WKU; Friday, October 12 at 6 p.m.; Bowling Green, Ky.
- Florida Atlantic vs. No. 20 WKU; Saturday, October 13 at 2 p.m.; Bowling Green, Ky.
- Live stats will be available through WKUSports.com
- Live online broadcasts available by subscription on Big Red Zone through WKUSports.com. For more information or to order, visit WKUSports.tv.
- Friday, October 12 vs. FIU
- Hilltopper Hysteria-- Hilltopper Hysteria will begin at 6:00 p.m. as the Lady Topper Volleyball team takes on the Florida International Golden Panthers. The first 500 fans will receive a free Hilltopper Hysteria t-shirt. After the match, don't miss the tip-off to the WKU Basketball season, as Hilltopper Hysteria takes over Diddle Arena. Call Thomas Harris at 270-745-6048 for more information.
- WKU holds steady at No. 20 in this week's AVCA Poll. Along with being the highest ranking in school history, it also marks the longest that the Lady Toppers have been in the top 25 at four-consecutive weeks.
- With a 6-0 record in Sun Belt Conference play, the Lady Toppers haven't lost a set in conference play to extend its streak of three-set sweeps to seven games. The six straight in SBC action ties the longest consecutive sweeps in league contests for the team. WKU has also posted 14 sweeps this season.
- During that seven-game sweep span, the team has hit .300 or higher in every game, including .350 or higher in each match during conference play.
- In the NCAA Division I Volleyball RPI, WKU ranks at No. 30 as of October 8, the highest of the Sun Belt schools. Last year, WKU finished No. 23 in the nation after reaching its highest RPI in school history earlier in the season at 21.
- Redshirt junior Paige Wessel leads the SBC and ranks 12th in the nation with her .415 season hitting percentage. The Louisville, Ky., native has hit .500 or higher in 10 games this season, including the last six, to help WKU rank eighth in the nation in hitting percentage. Wessel, sophomore Heather Boyan and junior Melanie Stutsman hold the top three spots in hitting percentage in the conference, respectively.
- WKU's pair of seniors is close to moving up in the all-time rankings. Jordyn Skinner needs one kill to hit 1,300 and rank eighth all-time and three more attempts to hit 3,447 and be sixth all-time. Sarah Rogers needs eight service aces to break into the all-time ranking, as she has 131 in her career.
- WKU has taken the last six matches against FIU, including sweeping the Panthers in five out of the last six. The Lady Toppers hold an 11-2 advantage at home, but the last FIU win in the series came in Bowling Green in 2009.
- The Lady Toppers have not lost to FAU since the series began in 2001. WKU has swept the Owls 10 times, including the last four matches.