BOWLING GREEN, Ky.-After being on the road for the past four matches, the Western Kentucky University volleyball team (6-2) returns home to host its annual tournament beginning Friday, September 7 and ending Saturday, September 8. The Lady Toppers' opponents feature Tennessee Tech (1-5), No. 10 Dayton (6-0), No. 26 Ohio State (5-1) and IUPUI (5-3).
- Tennessee Tech vs. WKU; Friday, September 7 at 1:00 p.m.; Bowling Green, Ky.
- No. 10 Dayton vs. WKU; Friday, September 7 at 7:00 p.m.; Bowling Green, Ky.
- No. 26 Ohio State vs. WKU; Saturday, September 8 at 12:30 p.m.; Bowling Green, Ky.
- IUPUI vs. WKU; Saturday, September 8 at 5:30 p.m.; Bowling Green, Ky.
- Live stats will be available for all games through WKUSports.com.
- Live video will be available for all games through a paid subscription at WKUSports.tv.
7th - WKU vs. Dayton - 7:00 p.m.
- Team Appreciation Night- All area middle and high school volleyball teams can receive complimentary admission to this match. Call Thomas Harris at 270-745-6048 for more information.
8th - WKU vs. Ohio State/IUPUI - 12:30 p.m./5:30 p.m.
- WKU Faculty and Staff Night - All WKU Faculty and Staff will receive one complimentary ticket to both of the above games when they show their WKU ID at Entrance 2 before the match. For more information, please call Thomas Harris at 270-745-6048.
- Since becoming the WKU Tournament in 2003, WKU has swept the field seven out of nine times and won 27 matches total. Counting its annual home tournament, WKU has won every match in a regular season tournament 20 times during that time period, including the most recent at the Holiday Inn Jefferson Cup last weekend in Charlottesville, Va.
- The Lady Toppers are currently on a seven-game home winning streak. The team's last loss at E.A. Diddle Arena came to MTSU on October 4, 2011. It is the second-longest regular season home winning streak in the SBC, as Arkansas State leads the pack with 11 games. North Texas and FIU follow WKU with six games.
- Within the last three games, WKU posted 24 service aces compared to opponents' seven. Senior Jordyn Skinner and junior Melanie Stutsman have each collected at least one in the last four games while freshman Rachel Engle put up four at Cincinnati on Tuesday night to help the team total 10, the highest total since hitting 12 aces at FAU on October 1, 2011.
- In its last outing, WKU defeated Cincinnati 3-1 at Fifth Third Arena, which is just the fourth time in WKU history that the team defeated the Bearcats. The last WKU win came in 2002 while Cincinnati won the last 11, including two NCAA Tournament appearances. It also marked the second time that head coach Travis Hudson earned a win over the team, but the first in Cincinnati.
- Ohio State will be the third first-time foe to appear on a WKU volleyball schedule. Earlier this season, WKU faced Penn State and Lehigh for the first time in program history, as the team split the decisions.
- Tennessee Tech is a frequent opponent for the Lady Toppers, as WKU has won 17 straight and only lost six sets during that time. The last four matches came in a tournament setting, including three of the four in Bowling Green. The only non-sweep in those tournaments came in the teams' last meeting in 2010 where WKU won 3-1.